Objectives of This Site
I explain the news, history, culture, international relations, etc. of the Islamic world of the Middle East while linking it with Japan.
Chairman of Center for Contemporary Islamic Studies in Japan
BA in History from Keio University (1980)
MA in History from Keio University (1983)
MA in History from University of California, Los Angeles (worked with Professor Nikki Keddie, 1985)
1. “Khalil Maleki during the Oil Nationalization Period in Iran,” Jusur: The UCLA Journal of Middle Eastern Studies, vol.1.，no.1．(1985), pp.43-63.
2. “The Tudeh Military Network during the Oil Nationalization Period,” Middle Eastern Studies, vol.23, no.3. (July, 1987), pp.313-328.
3. “The Tudeh Party Split, 1948,” Annals of Japan Association for Middle East Studies , pp.102-152.
4.“Coping with the‘Iranian Threat’ -a View from Japan,” Silk Road: A Journal of West Asian Studies,Vol.1,No.2 (December1997), pp.30-41.
5.“Iran’s Foreign Policy towards the East Asia: Overriding Priority of the Second Islamic Republic”(a paper submitted to ISA-JAIR Convention, September 20, 1996).
6. “Islamic Values, Terrorism, and War on Iraq,”(a paper submitted to Asian Values in the International Society of the 21st Century international forum on September 16, 2003 at Sungkyunkwan Univ. & Tower Hotel, Seoul
７. “The Middle East: How Japan-Canada Cooperation Can Help,” paper submitted to The 6th Japan-Canada Symposium on Peace and Security Cooperation held on June 13-15, 2007.
8. “Japan’s Policy Towards the Middle East -Prospects for New Democratic Party Government-,”(a paper submitted to United States Naval Academy, 2009 Asia & Middle East Conference held on October 16 and 17th, 2009).
9. Japan’s Contribution to the Security of the Persian Gulf -In the Era of Instability of the World-(a Paper submitted to The 2nd Conference on Japan’s Role in the Gulf Venue: Millennium Hotel, Abu Dhabi, UAE Dates: November 1-3, 2010.
10. Japan’s Contribution to the Human Security -With Special Reference to the South Asia after the War on Terror- , Bangladesh Human Security Conference, November 2009.
11.How Japan can contribute to Pakistani FATA Area? Japan Foundation project, the symposium was held on December 19, 2011.
12. “Iran and Islamic Governance” and Japan ～How should Japan Behave towards Iran’s “Realistic Policy”? , Japan Association for Middle East Studies Annual Meeting , May 11, 2014.
And other Japanese publications on the Middle East and the Central Asia, especially political Islam in those areas.